Sunday, January 11, 2009

Attempt no. 2

This is of course my 2nd attempt at blogging. First problem was getting the "new blog" screen called up. Second is figuring what to talk about!

I went to visit Molly and Gerald this morning and attended church with Molly, Gerald wasn't feeling up to attending with us. Richland Church had a better attendance than I'd seen in the last few times I attended. I was impressed by Pastor Mike's grandchildren and "Mandy". Mandy is a collie dog that attends with her owner and "announces her arrival" with a couple low volume "Woofs" when she enters the church, then lies quietly at the end of the pew that her owner occupies until the service is over then greets everyone to be petted and talked to! I was surprised when I first saw her but she is fully accepted by all the members of the congregation.

After the service, I had a real nice time chatting with Pastor Mike, swapping stories about the late Rev. Billie Joe Connell (The preacher that married me and Linda). Joe was Pastor at Knox City (Mo.) and a co-worker with me at the I.A.A.P.

Molly, Gerald, and I then went to the "Main Street Diner" for dinner, I was not impressed with them - mediocre food and very expensive! We all MISS "Keith's Cafe"! Memphis will be hard-pressed to come up with a restaurant as good as Keith's was!

One more comment: THANK YOU Cindi for making my first blog more interesting by adding the pictures. I decided I should ALWAYS wear a hat, those pictures showed how bald I'm have gotten!

4 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

Keep it up Charlie! That was very interesting. Pictures are nice, but you have lots of interesting thoughts, so don't hesitate to post even if you don't have pictures!
I agree about Keiths! Memphis, and the entire tri-state area will miss that place. It was known far and wide for great food....and reasonable prices as well.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I didn't know Keith's was closed. Mike and I have been there a few times and the food was always good.
You don't have to have pictures. Your dialogue is interesting and well written. We just want to know what you are up to! Lots of snow here today!

Kelly said...

i love the fact that mandy gets to attend the services! our old dentist used to bring his big golden to the office with him. it made going to the dentist a little easier!

SaNdY said...

So Mandy is the official church collie and she is aware of her role in her church!! That is just amazing! Enjoyed reading your blog, Charlie!