Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ending Hybernation !

I ended my "hibernation" today, going into Mt, Pleasant. That was the first time I'd left home for 4 days (too cotton-pickin' cold). Prior to leaving I observed 7 deer walk across my front yard, like they owned it! I would guess that was probably the first time out of the protection of the cedar trees in my pasture ground since it got so cold..

I never heard how cold it was in Mt.Pleasant Thursday night, But according to channel 6 in Davenport, it was colder in the Quad-cities than it was at the north or south pole! by 3 to 5 degrees! According to Moline Airport, a new record cold temp. was set, But officially, it was 1 degree short of setting a new record - I guess it depends on who you believe.

I had my waterline freeze, but I don't feel too bad about it. I talked to Adam Raub at Hy Vee today and was informed His NEW house had pipes freeze too. Today wasn't too bad - it got up to 31 degrees for a high today,and we got just a touch of snow this evening.

2 comments:

SaNdY said...

It's been really cold here in Michigan, too...we are finally up in the 20's today after about a week in the single (and below zero) digits!! Feels almost balmy out there today! Take care, Charlie, and stay warm!

Susie Schulte said...

I'm glad you didn't try thawing those frozen pipes with a torch like Connie's friend up in Britt!