Monday, January 19, 2009

A better day

I'm having a better day today. Yesterday was Linda's birthday. Jan.18th and Dec. 16th (Matt's birthday) are always days of feeling depressed, and wishing i could go back and do a lot of things differently. And wondering ' why not me instead of them!' I don't pretend to second-guess the Lord, but I can't understand why he chose to take them and leave me alive. I'm sure one day it will become clear why!

On top of that, I ran out of "puppy food" so I hopped in the pickup and headed to Wal Mart. En route I ran over something that cut into a tire. By the time I realized it wasn't just Ice dropping off, the tire was TOTALLY shredded. I had intended to replace the tires - but not quite yet! No more procrastinating - I WILL replace that tire!

Today has been much better, I went to Burlington (in the car) without incident! I picked up a 'decent' jack now tomorrow I have every intention of getting the pickup 'mobile'. The weather is even supposed to be a little more conducive to working outside.

I could have used that old HEE HAW song to describe yesterday, "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on me - Deep Dark Depression, Excessive Misery . . ."

1 comment:

Kelly said...

hope you feel much better!!!!!

no regrets either!!!!