Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

I had a FANTASTIC birthday and New Year. I arrived in Chicago wednesday evening via Am Trak and was met by Mike and taken to their apartment where (as you have read on Cindi's blog), I collapsed well before 'ringing in the new year.'


The next morning, Mike and I (Cindi passed in favor of recuperation) had a great breakfast a IHOP . Later in the day, we were joined in our visit by Sarah J and Lyric ( Mike's 3 year old sweetheart) I was well entertained by Lyric - coloring with her and being amazed by the how far she can count and she knows all the letters.

I sat on the floor with her at the coffee table and enjoyed tacos - then I provided comical entertainment (unintentionally) in my effort to get back on my feet. I'm gonna have to learn the limitations of old age! I did have a wonderful time though.

I returned to Mt.Pleasant on Friday evening. Saturday, I "played Santa" delivering Christmas gifts to Caleb from Mike and Cindi then visited Molly and Gerald for the remainder of the day. Today I'm taking a R&R day. In fact I haven't left the house at all today.

5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Good job, Charlie! Well-written and interesting. Jeff will enjoy it and you can keep Cindi and me updated on everyday events!
Glad you had fun and really glad Cindi is through this surgery and recuperating.
Good to hear Am-Trak wasn't so bad!

Kelly said...

yeah!!! glad you entered the blogging world!!! keep it up! (maybe you'll inspire scott to write more than once a year!)

Scott said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, not that I'm a good example of fine blogging or anything though! Maybe when I start traveling again I'll restart my blog :)

SaNdY said...

Great job on your first blog, Charlie!! Mmmmm, IHOP, one of Fred's favorites!!
The pictures of you and Lyric are so sweet! I look forward to reading your blog regularly!!

Susie Schulte said...

Ditto! Back when we worked together at Happy Heatilator, I would never have dreamed that either of us would be blogging, emailing and surfing the 'net! In fact, had you told me that back then, I'd have laughed in your face. Change isn't so bad, at least in this area. I'm adding you to my list of favorites and will be checking in often....so keep posting!