Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bar-b-que in January ? ? ?

You betcha, I realize I'm rushing the season but it got to 58 degrees today AND the Fairway store in Burlington had their T-bone steaks on sale! I just couldn't resist. I started out with a flannel shirt and no jacket. Before it was cooked I had to come in the house and slip on a jacket. I normally extend the season as long as possible, but I believe this is the first time I ever fired up the grill in JANUARY.

I've decided I owe Cindi an apology for "getting on her case" about not blogging. I've found out it's sometimes pretty hard to find anything to "blog" about!

2 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

Wasn't yesterday beautiful!
The boys and I went wading in the creek. We didn't plan on it, but after we broke through the ice and were wet anyway, we just figured we might as well enjoy it!
Hope you enjoyed that steak! It may be a while before you get another opportunity to fire up the grill again. Dennis tells me that snow is in the forecast, and of course, whether Phil sees his shadow or not, we still have plenty of winter left!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

We grilled out, too.! It was beautiful. Course, it is now early Tuesday morning and cold again....Grrrrrr....I hear the weekend will be nice though! It's just February! We have way too much winter left. I wish we lived where 7 deer could walk across our front yard!