Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Fantastic Weekend !

I went to Chicago saturday, I took Mike, Cindi, Sarah, and Lyric to Outback for dinner, It was kind of like "Beauties and The Beast". They were all dressed up and looked absolutely gorgeous! and as normal I was wearing jeans and a western cut shirt and probably looked like Hobo compared to the rest.
Sunday, Cindi and Mike was to "baby-sit" Lyric. I should say "big girl sit" Lyric is very insistant that she is a "big girl". At any rate, we four went to Brookfield Zoo. I always kind of like zoos but like shopping - it takes on a whole new outlook when you're with Lyric! a quick example: we saw a rhinocerous - it was laying in a mudhole not moving except to switch it's tail now and then. Lyric watched a little bit the at intervols would say "Go Rhino" and almost as on que it would switch its tail, a few second later the process was repeated! As we were watching a ground squirell came out from among some trees, we pointed it out to Lyric and was assured "They're Friends!"
We, of course, visited a gift shop. I can't tell you how many times she (being impressed by the selection) said "OH MY GOSH !" And of coarse, Mike being 'hard-hearted' told her "You pick out what you want." (I'm jealous, no one EVER tells me that. :) )
I had the most enjoyable week-end I've had in a long time! But, that's Lyric - she is always totally delightful to be around. She is SO SWEET!
Today, I took the puppys to the vet. for their first shots. Before I left Mt. Pleasant I was able to sell the little female. Plus her older sister (Harriet Houndini) and I have 1 of the boys tenatively sold, so I'm pretty pleased! It was time ,I needed to "thin my herd" some!

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds like a great time. We love the zoo, too. I'm jealous you all got to go to Outback. It's been years since we've gone any place so fancy. You are right. There is nothing more delightful than seeing things from a child's perspective. They are so innocent and unjaded.
Hope we didn't give you cause for worry about the girls. Micki will be good to the girls. I know she loves all the dogs. Mike just has a hard spot for anyone who doesn't see things his way.......