Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, I done SOME of the things I had planned. I went to a swap meet in Mt.Pleasant with Molly and Gerald friday. Gerald picked up some Parts Manuals, and Owner's Manual and another Manual all relative to his IH Super MTA-D. That is a somewhat rare tractor he is in the process of restoring. I H only made them 1 year (in diesel) and a limited amount of them. That makes it more difficult to find parts for them. He does have good tec. advise - Jeff's ex-Grandfather-in -law worked on the Farmall assembly line when they manufactured the Super MTA's.
Saturday, I set aside any plans so I was free to go to an auction in Farmington. I arrived just a few minutes before it started - found a GOOD parking place - as I had just begun looking at what they had when Mike and Linda called to me from the street, I walked over and they informed me, they were leaving and invited me to Rome for a Barbeque that evening.(naturally, I accepted) I then went back to look at what they were selling and going to sell. I decided M&L had the right idea. Most of the stuff, They would have had to pay me to have taken! I went to Mike's sat afternoon and (after a short rain passed over) Mike grilled a DELISHOUS steak along with some fantastic Potatoes, onion, and peppers, Linda had prepared for the grill.
Today, I'm sitting in front of the "idiot box" (Caleb always laughs when I call the T V that) watching the Indy 500 and will watch Nascar - If it gets started without rain. Then I'm going to have to hit the grocery store or go without supper (which wouldn't hurt me to miss a few meals)
Backing up a bit: I went to Quincy, Ill. wednesday and visited with my cousin Jim Hall which I hadn't seen since Linda's funeral. I had a really great visit with him and his wife Janet- it's kind of (sad I guess is the word) that we live that close and let such a long time pass without visiting! Not his fault - Not my fault - We just get involved in "our own little world" and TIME PASSES!
That's about the end of any news from here.
EVERYONE Have a nice and SAFE Memorial day!

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

always glad to have you come by. stay safe and take good care of your herd of oxen.....

SaNdY said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend, we did, too...thanks to Mike and Cindi's visit!
And that is so true, what you said about visiting your cousin Jim and his wife, even tho you don't live that far...I think that happens to many of us, we mean well enough, but time just slips away, and before you know it, we haven't seen someone in years...so good for you for getting together with him and his wife!