Friday, May 15, 2009

Fearsome Jump

the step down from the door sill to the landing at the top of the steps at my front door is a major obsticle to young puppies. It's maybe 2 inches but once they overcome that fearsome jump, they seldom have any hesitation about going on down the steps. I was at the computer this afternoon and heard a puppy crying. The little white-headed puppy had overcome his fear and had gone out and down one step but wasn't able to get back up, thus I had to make a quick rescue mission. The other two haven't gathered enough courage to make the jump down to the landing YET! It's comical to watch them when they make the jump the first time. They jump as far as they can, and draw their hind legs up as high as they can, to the point they almost go over on their nose when they land. The steps are a lot higher but they don't deter the puppies like that little step down from the doorsill!
Of coarse with all the rain we had today, He had a wet belly when I brought him back in. We have had over three inches today. It's supposed to be sunny tomarrow, I hope - I'm ready to see some sunshine again!

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I know what you mean. It truely is a leap of faith. Once they make it, they are big dogs for sure.....