Thursday, June 4, 2009

Money in the Mail

It's that time of year again. Explanation: When I completed 25 years service with Heatilator, I was "inducted" into the "Silver Circle Club" and given 10 shares of HON (now HNI) stock. each quarter, I recieve a dividend check. The first few was for a whopping $1.25, over the years it has gone up to $2.15. I always joke with the teller at the bank when I cash those HUGE checks! They always include a form for Direct Deposit - NO WAY - that would spoil all the fun and humor involved in getting them and cashing them!
It does kind of irritate me that the company isn't making enough money to pay 'profit sharing' to their employees but for the "Fat Cats" that have money to invest - the dividend checks are not ONE CENT lower! Somehow, that don't quite seem right. I shouldn't complain, I guess, I also have a much larger number of shares in my retirement fund, That will keep it going for a longer period of time. But it still isn't right ffor the employees - even if I do benefit!

No comments: