Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ALMOST DONE !

I've been mowing yard the last couple days. I started yesterday evening, mowing the shaded areas, thinking I'd mow the front yard after the sun dropped behind the hill. I made 4 or 5 rounds before it started raining. Today, I went to Mt. Pleasant to get some "puppy food". then on up to Mike and Linda's. I took a cassette tape I had recorded off of old - really old - records for Mike to record on a CD for me. My pickup or car neither have a tape player (both have CD players) thus, I keep Mike busy 'burning' CDs for me. (I suppose I SHOULD buy my own CD recorder instead of bothering him so much) But I think he kind of enjoys listening to some of the OLD music too. At any rate, When I got home this afternoon I finished mowing everything except the "puppy yard" and I got the "push" mower in there. But I came in the house to drink a pepsi and it got dark on me - Maybe in the morning, then I need to pick raspberrys. I found I have a pretty good crop of them growing back by the creek. I haven't decided quite what I'll do with them but there's no use letting them go to waste. I'll probably donate them to someone.
I thought I'd make it through today (the 6th aniversary of Matt's death) dry-eyed, I did till I read Cindi's blog. There are so many untold memorys about him! ! ! And I will NEVER forget how BEAUTIFULLY he played Amazing Grace at my mother's funeral. I was concerned he might "choke up" Because as Linda used to say "He not only lost a grandmother, but a best friend". He played it on his Electric Guitar with a borrowed Amp, - never missed a note - And I've never heard it played any prettier! The last few months Mom was alive, Matt used to go over there before school and fix Tea for her, put in a stainless Thermos bottle and put it by her chair. That was an every day routine - she would have Tea at hand all day till he got home in the afternoon. Whether she was "up" yet or not was immaterial if not, she had hot tea when she got up.
I better shut this thing down and turn on the TV if I'm gonna catch the news. Would you believe - the tv hasn't been on ALL DAY - thats unusual for me!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

matt sounds like the coolest kid ever. wish i could have met him.

Charlie said...

He was something special - How many young men (17) would take their grandmother to a family reunion that they weren't intrested in, wait 3+ hours then take her back home! That was Matt!

Susie Schulte said...

Very special indeed! However, he also had some pretty good parents to model himself after.

About those raspberries....they make wonderful jelly or preserves. :)