Thursday, July 9, 2009

GENERAL RAMBLINGS

I haven't had much of anything too noteworthy to blog about recently. I found out last sunday my aunt (Anna Margaret Jones) had recently suffered a stroke - evidently fairly light - she is home and has a theropist visiting her off and on during the week. She seemed in good spirits.
I am sad to say, I ran over one of my doxies last week. "John Morrell" dug out under the "puppy fence" and run in front of the rear wheel of my pickup. He was one of the "twins" that I was wanting to get rid of - BUT NOT THAT WAY! ! !
I got the yard mowed this week - it only took 2 days! I went out tues. morning the sun was shining so I fired up the mower. I got the "Big yard" mowed and drug the 'push' mower up and mowed about 1/3 of the 'puppy yard' and doggone if it didn't start raining. So I covered the mower with a tarp and went out Wed. and mowed the rest of it. I'm beginning to think I'm not supposed to get it done in one day! Last week, it was 3 days-dodging rain drops.
Anyone interested - The last pup (the only one of the last litter I haven't sold) I've given the temporary name "Louis Rich R.R.R." The louis part comes from him being a 'turkey'dog, and the R R R comes from him arguing with me! we frequently argue Arf Arf Arf back and forth! I'm going to have to pay attention at the grocery store - the 'twins' I named John Morrell and Oscar Mayer. This one Louis Rich, any more and I'm gonna run out of weiner names!
Cale should be returning to Mt. Pleasant on Sunday, after spending a couple weeks with Mike and Cindi. I'm sure he'll have 'tales to tell' upon arrival! And the Kurczewski's will be ready for a bit of R&R.

2 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

Hey Charlie, I won't be able to make the sat. nite show at 34. We have a grave to dig and Travis is working days this week. So that means we'll be busy in the evening, see you soon.

Dennis

Charlie said...

Dennis
That wasn't what I wanted to hear, but I realize there are more important things than racing. After looking at their foremat for tonight - I think I will probably go to knoxville. I was looking forward to catching up with visiting with you. I'll have to catch up with you another time.
charlie