Monday, June 22, 2009

A disappointing Week-end

I went to Birmingham (Iowa) to their "Homecoming" primarily to watch Caleb and Derik drive tractors (old - restored) in the parade. When I got there, they had been taken to a wrestling meet by Derik's father. I did have a great visit with Merlin Williams ( an old friend and our former mail carrier) He had a restored 'Gamble's' tractor - I never knew Gambles Stores ever sold farm tractors! They did for a short time in the "30's"!
Then I went to 34 raceway - maybe for the last time. I realize track officials (like referees, umpires and others that officiate sporting events) can make mistakes - BUT the officialls at 34 it seems to me have their "pets" that are going to to be given ALL the benefit of doubts and some that are going to be penalized for no just reason at all. Two weeks ago the scorer "Made a mistake in the sprint restart after a yellow flag. BUT the last two weeks there have been too many "mistakes" to be accidental, and totally unjust penaltys. I am TOTALLY DISGUSTED with them. If I don't go to Knoxville on saturdays, I think I'll be at home! I love going to the races but not when some of the drivers not only have to out drive the the competition but have to overcome the bias of the officials too!
The weather here is HOT and HUMID the temps in the 90's and high humidity that has put the heat index over 100. Plainly miserable. I need to mow the yard - but not when it's that hot. According to ch. 6 I may need a baler by the time it gets cooler and dry enough to mow.

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

now we know that isn't true. it is easily 105 with the heat index and it doesn't get much better at night......the humidity is oppressive.it has rained every day for over 8 days. the ground is so saturated, you leave footprints in the grass! there is no hiding out.
seriously, i hope you find an alternative to your 34 passion.