Monday, August 10, 2009

PICNIC WEEK

This last week has been "picnic week". It started with the Access Energy picnic and business meeting on tuesday, then Heatilator had their 'company picnic' saturday. Mike and Linda had invited me to Linda's family reunion/60th anniversary celebration for her parents on sunday in Nauvoo Illinois. PLUS: I had dinner with Mike and Linda on both Thursday and Friday ( They are probably going to claim me as an exemption on next years taxes). Today, I'm back to cooking for myself.
I'm assuming Mike and Cindi are still alive and kicking - I haven't heard anything from Cindi since I was there (NO calls, NO Emails, NO new blogs) I figure I'm safe to "bad-mouth" her on my blog because if she doesn't read blogs any more often than she posts - I'm SAFE
I went to Molly and Gerald's last week to chat for a little bit and retrieve some pictures I had taken down to show them. (pictures Cindi had sent me + a couple I had taken of Lyric when we went to the Z-O-O. I had forgotten to pick them up before I left on a prior visit. Molly had put them in a beautiful frame. So now I have a Beautiful little girl smiling down at me from the shelf above my computer when I'm 'blogging, reading Emails, etc.' I'm just glad she can't hear me when this thing is giving me fits!
CLOSED CIRCUIT TO SUSIE: Returning from Nauvoo, I drove down the "river road" and crossed the river at Keokuk. I thought about giving you and Dennis a call but was under some time constraint. I did think about you two though!
I talked to Jeff on the phone friday. He seems to be doing O.K.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Wow! Eating out 5 times in a week? That's vacation!
We're always glad to have you and you know you are always welcome.
Don't worry about Cindi. They always call when they need something.......

Susie Schulte said...

It's nice to be thought of! Nauvoo River Road is a very pretty drive. We've been away on vacation, from Aug 1st to the 9th. Guess we must have "crossed paths" when you were heading home from Cindi's....maybe. We went north, to northern Wisconsin, and had a wonderful time. It was cold though! We were waking up every morning to temperatures in the lower 40's!
I, too, have had to go back to cooking if we want to eat. Vacation's over :)

Charlie said...

Linda: That's Jeff!