Monday, August 24, 2009

3rd attempt at an update!

This is my 3rd attempt to post a blog . . . for a change, it's my fault not the computers!
I don't quite know where to start. I've been a little busy but not anything worth talking about, until last weekend. I left Friday morning and went to Mike and Cindi's for Cindi's 'annual Linda E. Harris memorial bar-be-que' She always has a 'get together' on the week-end closest to August 25th (the anniversary of Linda's death). Linda always enjoyed bar-be- queing and it is always an enjoyable time and helps fight the depression that comes to us on that date. Mike put a lot of effort into preparation of the food we enjoyed Saturday evening. I enjoyed visiting with all the guests - and listening to the 'chatter' amongst them. I left Sat. night and drove home arriving at 3:08 Sunday morning, so I could attend Roy and Sherrie Raines (Caleb's other grandparents) 40th anniversary celebration. NO WONDER I'm so fat - every blog I'm talking about how well I've eaten! The Raines'es had a hog roast with a BUNCH of guests and a lot of very tasty food! I've spent most of today recuperating from a busy weekend! This afternoon I spent a couple hours visiting with an old neighbor.
Next weekend I've been kind of torn as to whether to go to Jack and Em's (Linda's aunt and uncle) "family reunion/picnic" at Clorinda, Iowa. Or going to Molly and Gerald's to see Gerald's restored tractors being in the Memphis "antique days" Parade. I've pretty much decided to go to Memphis. Linda enjoyed the 'antique days' of 2005 and we had planned to go down Aug.26th,2006, She was looking forward to going down the next day on the day she passed away. PLUS it's a lot less driving! And I think Gerald is kinda wanting me to drive Dad's old 1936 Case RC in the parade - we'll see! Personally, I'd rather watch the parade than be in it! But if everyone 'just watched' it wouldn't be much of a parade!
While the computer is still not causing me any grief I better go ahead and post this!

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

we'll miss you
come up to our house?
be home later to day