Sunday, April 19, 2009

ALMOST Heaven

I talked to Cindi friday and during the conversation I told her I was getting ready to go to 34 raceway, that they were having a two-day sprint car special. She having about the same attitude as her mother about racing, said "Sounds like heaven". Friday was: Kaley Gharst won the Feature (360) driving Randy Plath's sprinter. Randy has had a hard time getting a good driver in that car since he retired from driving. I was glad to see it "in victory lane" again! BUT Saturday's races were postponed till today, then cancelled because of the rain. Saturday, we got just a couple sprinkles, but the forcast was for more, by race time, the sun was out and it was beautiful, but they had already postponed - Today, it has rained enough they HAD to cancel!

About the only other news: My "new additions" now have their eyes open, and a couple have accidently wandered out of the 'pet taxi' and naturally can't find their own way back! Other than having to put them back, They are seldom 'heard from'. Scarlotte is a good (and protective) mother!

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I guess I must admit that I am in accordance with the other females in your life--*sigh* heaven?
Looking forward to see the pups....

Sassy said...

Now to be 100% accurate, that sarcastic comment was actually, "Oh, that must be what Heaven is like." :) Same difference, though.