Sunday, April 12, 2009

2nd week of racing

Congratulations to Dennis Schulte (Feature winner in his class) I was somewhat surprised that Dennis was racing there last night instead of Tyler (or both). I was NOT surprised at the feature being won by a Schulte - they're hard to beat!
The "Slocum 50" memorial race (IMCA late model) was great! Brent Slocum was a highly respected late model driver, (And a friend of Matt's and mine) that was killed in a freak accident in the "pit area" in 2005. His mother was one of the nurses that cared for Linda in 1999! We always discussed the races a little bit when I was at the hospital with Linda.

I had an overnight guest (Caleb) one night last week. I'll try to post a little more about that in the future. Right now I need to get ready to go to Mike and Linda's for Easter dinner.

2 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

I seriously considered going with Dennis last night, but decided to stay warm. I'd have liked to seen the race, but not enough to freeze in doing so! Guess that makes me a "fair-weather" fan, huh?
We have our youngest grandson spending the night tonight, and the other one wants to come tomorrow night. Aren't they fun? Caleb probably keeps you on your toes, doesn't he? Once they get into those teen years, we have to really appreciate the time they spend with us old folks!

Susie Schulte said...

Didn't know you were there Charlie. Yes, it was a good Late Model race. The track was dry SLICK and just shined back up at you like glass. Hard to get a bite but I like to just let it drift, as long as you can pick your own line that is. If someone is outside of you it's harder to pass when it's that slick. Glad to hear you're going places and enjoying yourself. I'll see you at 34 later this summer I bet. We have a show when the sprints are there at least once. Maybe twice.
Talk to you later.
Dennis