Tuesday, March 17, 2009

WEEKEND IN CHICAGO

I spent this last weekend in Chicago. Generally speaking I had a great time! However, there was a couple of "disappointments," First, (I could list 3 or 4 excuses) I recieved a parking ticket! I could list the excuses but it all boils down to the fact I wasn't as observant as I should have been! Cindi sent in a letter 'contesting' the legality of the ticket, but We'll see- it might be a good thing having a Para Legal daughter or I may still get to "contribute to mayor Dailey's campaine fund", Second, I didn't see Sarah and Lyric, thus I don't have any new "Lyric storys" to relay on to everyone!
On the PLUS side: I had some FANTASTIC meals, and enjoyed the company (including Mike and Cindi of course) Melody, Leigh, Lisa, and her Brand New Husband Kieth.
I spent a little time helping Mike put a puzzle together (I probably put 5 to 10 pieces in) but by the time I left Mike had it pretty well completed. ( along with help from Melody ) Cindi became the official Photographic 'progress recorder' I don't know if she "didn't want to 'show us up' or if she was afraid we'd 'show her up"! :)

In my last post I missed a March birthday - my sisters granddaughter Megan, turned 16 on March 12th, AND has a brand new Driver's license! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Megan and drive carefull!

4 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

I guess a parking ticket is better than a traffic ticket. At least, I don't think parking tickets go on your driving record...yet!
I'm thinking you may be about to fire up that BBQ again. What a beautiful day we're enjoying!

Charlie said...

It's not that big a deal really. But, in 46 years of driving that is my first parking ticket. It's irratating to me that I wasn't observant enough to avoid it!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I'm not sure if observant would be enough up there, what with all the restrictions on parking! LOL
Looking forward to seeing you Sunday for dinner....
Mallory is making her famous hash brown casserole!

Kelly said...

hey! where have you been???