Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I began the year by going to Mike and Cindi's (via AmTrac) and was taken to Outback for a birthday dinner. As is about normal - AmTrac (California Zepher eastbound) arrived aprox. 3 hours late. The eastbound originates in California and by the time it gets to Mt.Pleasant it is almost always late. The westbound starts in Chicago so it is nearly always 'on time'
I had a very nice visit and returned to Mt. Pleasant Monday evening. I had some new experiences while I was in Chicago that I won't go into detail about in the blog but to say I enjoyed my entire visit.
I was invited to Mike and Linda's for a superb dinner tuesday evening, and of coarse stayed to watch the IOWA HAWKEYES whup Georgia Tech. in the Orange Bowl! (sorry 'bout that Robin) but I was really proud of how well the Hawks played!
Joe T. (my brother) entered Iowa City Hospital tuesday to have a hip replacement. As one person commented "Your whole family's fallin' apart". Molly had one done last spring, now Tony, (no I'm not having any problems YET). I haven't heard anything from Sandy or any of the family yet. Weather permitting, which is questionable, I am going to try to get up there and check on his condition.
Susie: I don't really have any new "Lyric stories" I saw her for a short time sunday but she was too occupied for us to get to "visit" much.
One more thing: I did make 2 new year resolutions. If someone will remind me next year I'll let you know if I was able to keep them. (both are questionable)

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

now I'm curious......what resolutions? I don't know if I can wait a whole year to find out! LOL
We were happy to have you up for dinner, bunco and football. I gotta write those bunco rules down.

Robin said...

No worries Charlie - we don't consider the Yellow Jackets Georgians anyway. At least, not those of us that have to live and breath in Athens, home of the Bulldogs!

Susie Schulte said...

Yeah....I'm curious too! Wouldn't it be helpful to tell us what those two resolutions are so that we can "help" you remember them if you forget? LOL!
I made a resolution many years ago, and to date have kept it. I resolved to never make NY resolutions. Maybe I should though!