Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Brief Add-on

Tony is doing well from his surgery, they had him walking a little today. He is having a little trouble keeping food down. (I think that may be due to being spoiled by Sandy's cooking and now being subjected to 'Hospital food')
Driving to Iowa City, I didn't think the highway was that bad, but between Mt.Pleasant and Iowa City (approx. 50 miles) I counted 11 vehicles either in the ditches or the median! The wind is getting stronger and the gravel roads are getting some fair drifts now. Kind glad I don't have
to get out tomarrow. Just kinda burrow in!

2 comments:

SaNdY said...

Thanks so much for the comments you left on my blog, Charlie! Hope your brother is doing OK, and hope your weather is getting better! Take care! :D

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Glad to hear Tony is up and around. You know the effects of that damned anesthetic are long lasting and can often make you sick, too.
Yeah, the roads are remarkably clear considering the storm we had. Mike drove home from Ankeny in that. It was pretty good Friday when we came home but I80 had more accidents than I could count. It took us 2 hours to get from Des Moines to Ankeny. That's right! Des Moines to Ankeny! And so many accidents and tow trucks and cops....it was unbelievable!