Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Neighbors

It's great having good neighbors. Recently my neighbor, Adam Raub, came over on a 4 wheeler with a blade and plowed the snow off my driveway, and often does without being ask! Today I noticed I have a snowman in my yard (built by Tyler Raub {age 5} ) down near their driveway. Evidently, returning from school he decided I needed one. He had to work diligently building it, it's nearly as tall as he is.
I always enjoy talking to Tyler, he's always very serious, polite, and just a "little adult". Kind of reminds me of Lucinda at that age.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

now that is nice......
no one in rome is that thoughtful.

Linda R. said...

Charlie,
Every now and then, Tyler asks me to "google" him to see what comes up. Last time we found results from a wrestling tournament he went to in Marion last winter. Imagine our surprise when we found your blog referencing his snowman in your yard! We really enjoyed looking at your blog and are happy that you think we are good neighbors! We think you are a good neighbor too! Have a nice week and hang on to your hat as it looks like the creek will flood this weekend, we are supposed to get 1-2" of rain on Saturday along with all of the snow melt! We will see you soon!

Linda

PS Ty wants you to know he is 8! LOL!

Charlie said...

Linda, My how time flys - I didn't think it possible for him to 8 already! But then, when I think back, I remember telling Linda the first time I saw him and that was a few years before she died and that's nearly 4 years that she's been gone.