Friday, December 18, 2009

A PARTIAL UPDATE

I've been running up and down the roads again. Last friday I drove to Chicago and visited Mike and Cindi. I delivered some candy I had picked up at Maxwell's Market to them and also some I had picked up for Lyric. And, of coarse, enjoyed Lyric's 'sampling' each kind. After a very nice visit, I returned home on Sunday. Tuesday I called Molly and visited with her for a while, then Gerald took the phone and ask if I would haul a set of 'dozer rails to Hannibal for him. I said I would (He totaled out his 'big' pickup recently, so he only has his car and that old ranger I gave him) I went down wednesday to find the person that was going to load them was temporarily unavailable. We did get them loaded about 2:30, a little too late to try to get to Altorfer's in Hannibal before they closed for the day. Thursday, we met in Wayland, and went on down and got them delivered. I knew they were heavy, but measuring the bumper height with them on and again after they was unloaded. The rear bumper was 9 inches higher after the rails were unloaded!
Oh, anyone that doesn't know, Rails are the 'links' of the tracks. Gerald bought a new set and we took them down to have new 'pads' put on them. Eventually, when they're done and put on, his 'dozer will be "well shod".
Today, I only went to Mt.Pleasant, became distracted, and only done about 1/2 of what I had intended to do. (getting forgetful in my old age) I'm going to have to start making a list! ! !
In case I don't post again before then: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It is totally unlike you to forget anything. You and Mike both scare me with your unbelievable memories! What are you up to this next week? We are going to church to hear Mallory play piano on Monday night but free the rest of the week. Want to come up for dinner?

Charlie said...

Sounds good. What day works best for you?

Kelly said...

merry christmas!