Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My trip to Chicago

If you have read Cindi's Blog you know I made a quick trip to Chicago this last week-end. I had about decided not to go, the forecast hadn't been real favorable. But Saturday was cool, but sunny and after talking to Cindi (and getting my 'arm twisted' just a wee bit,) I took off sat. afternoon, and arrived about 10 pm. I met Sergio and Christina (Mike and Cindi's good friends) and was entertained watching the wii challenges going on.
Sunday we (with Sara and Lyric) went to an IKEA store, I'm usually not much of a "shopper" but when you have someone like Lyric it is TOTALLY enjoyable. I returned home Sunday evening.
Monday, while cleaning the "eating on the road" trash out of the pickup I discovered Lyric had left her "purse" in the back seat. I need to get that sent back to her - as sharp as she is, I'm sure she has discovered it's 'missing'! If you haven't figured it out - It has been a LONG time since a little girl has impressed me or 'stolen my heart' like Lyric has! She gave me a hand made Valentine that she made and spelled my name with her Mother sounding out my name (not spelling out for her) and remember she's only three. she spelled it C-H-A R-L-E that's awfully close!

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Awwww, she sounds like a sweetie!
Hope your trip went well.

Susie Schulte said...

Sounds like Lyric has "adopted" you! Grandpa Charle. Too cute!