Sunday, October 18, 2009

A LOST EVENING

Yesterday I had a lost evening (in more ways than one) I saw an ad on t.v. for an event at the "Quad Cities Expo Center". I decided to go up there. I had no idea where in the Quad City area it was so I stopped and got directions at 1st a service station, in Davenport, 2nd at a station in Moline. 3rd at Toys R Us in Moline and finally from a couple ladies in a church parking lot. I finally found it! I was beginning to think NO ONE in the Quad Cities knew for sure where it was. When I finally found it, I found I had totally wasted my time going. I did enjoy ride up there and however fustrating getting run all over Moline and Rock Island was I did see a lot of stuff i'd heard of on t.v. and had never seen. (businesses, etc) and was sent down a rather neat cul-de-sac. I was on some streets finding my way back out to I 280 (I knew if I kept going south I would eventually HAVE to come across it and could find my way out) It turned out to be a rather interesting (and amusing) evening. I don't remember being 'lost' since Linda was admitted to Genesis Hospital in Jan 2006 and I got disoriented leaving. That wasn't nearly as amusing as this time was!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

oh the fun things to do in iowa!!! :)

Charlie said...

No end to the fun things - However that was in Illinois!